Sarasota Area Transportation Services
Sarasota Area Public Transportation
SCAT, Sarasota County Area Transit Buses travel between Sarasota & Siesta Key.
Sarasota County Area Transit is a fixed-route system with fares from the standard .50 cents per ride to various discount fares. The fixed-route fare structure discounts include: senior citizen, transportation disadvantaged, American with Disabilities Act, medicare, and passport fares. The Special Summer student fare is only a dime per ride, for students under 18 years old.
Passengers 65 years of age or older and/or handicapped can ride SCAT for half price. The SCAT Gold Card is a special card for passengers who are 65 years of age or older, and/or handicapped. The SCAT Gold Card will allow you to ride any regular SCAT bus for half the normal fare all day, every day. To obtain your free SCAT Gold Card call the general office for information on a distribution point near you. To use the SCAT Gold Card, show your card to the SCAT bus operator as you board the bus. The SCAT Gold Card must be displayed each time you ride SCAT. For more information on the SCAT Gold Card or to find the nearest distribution point, call SCAT at 941-861-1234 .
Bus passports and 20 ride bus punch cards may be purchased from any SCAT Operations Street supervisor, or from the following Goodwill Store locations:
- 7501 Bradenton Road, Bradenton (Just North of Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport)
- 7241 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
- 700 N. Beneva Road, Sarasota
- 2210 N. Tamiami Trail, Laurel (Near I-75 Overpass)
- 1752 S. Tamiami Trail, Venice
- 410 N. Indiana Ave., Englewood
- 5880 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota (Goodwill Bookstore)
- 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota (County Administration Building)
- 2200 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota (Health Department)
Busess to and from Siesta Key:
For more info, contact Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) directly at:
Phone: 941-861-1234, Web: scgov.net
* Rates, times, and locations subject to change without notice. Contact SCAT for updated information.